June 30, 2006

Now Children, What Shape is This?


Does it perhaps remind you of a structure the ancient Egyptians had a penchant for? A shape that should have the word "scheme" following it? Such is the work of the lowly writer--assigned to capture other's lives and ideas.

No, no. I am not complaining per se. I am happy to be one of the few writers who actually gets paid for the work. Someday, however, the fluffy puffy day will occur when I can write my own strings of letters and words into sentences and chapters. They will sparkle with truth and beauty as well as wit and irony. I will string these letters and words into elegant bracelets and necklaces to adorn myself as I lounge on my fluffy puffy cloud, drifting far above the troubles of man.

Don't worry. I am very realistic about the whole thing. Aren't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home