October 17, 2006

Slow as Molasses....

I have been a halting blogger of late and, somehow, I feel quite guilty about it. I know I shouldn't. After all, this forum is only for me and I have always maintained that I don't care whether or not I had an audience. So what if no one will look because I haven't been writing. I haven't been writing, so what do I care if some anonymous someone does or does not look? Right? Right.

Much of it is the changes that have come with our new life here in Colorado Springs. I've landed an awesome job at the local newspaper, with the official title of "writer" (though much that I do is calendars and lists... oh well). Plus, it is only part-time which I both love and fear. Love--> because I should have the bit o' time I have always been bitching about to write my own work. Fear--> because I never had any money when working full-time and I would hate to be a sponge on The Boyfriend. Despite the modicum of fear, I am excited everyday to go to work at the paper and I am determined to begin working on my 1/3 started "novel," and believe me that term is loosely used. A few dozen pages does not a novel make.

On top of the job, I have been trying to meet people in the Springs. I have travelled up to Denver to see friends and family several times (which usually entails drinking where my buds are involved, which also saps my will to blog). I started a new writer's group here in the city and I am incredibly excited about that. Thanks to an ad I placed on Craig's List, four of us met downtown last night to plan this little experiment and I think they were as excited as I was. Last but not least (at least not with how I feel this morning), I have been doing my Yoga again. Because I cannot simply take a beginner, focus on the breathing and stretch kind of class--I have been doing this for more than five or six years now, on and off, and even if I haven't been in a year, I have to jump back in--and so my triceps and ass are on fire. Some one please tie my shoes for me! Please? I promise to be lean and toned someday but today I need help with my shoes.

All is well. All is more than well. The Boyfriend has cast and continues to cast his magic spell over my life and my self-confidence, which of course are mutually reinforcing. Happiness--> the anti-blog-drug. (What is it about pathos that makes us want to speak up, huh?) Regardless of happiness, I will attempt to write more often. As always, however, the book review site remains up to date for I shall never, never, under of pain of death stop reading. TBF knows by now that if I disappear for more than 10 minutes, that I must have found my book somewhere and forgotten myself.

Other things that have fallen by the wayside:

  • Call my cousin, who returned from honeymoon a month ago and who I have not yet spoken to. *blush*
  • Call friend in Boulder, who I want to see now that I am in the state.
  • Buy wedding present for this weekend's upcoming nuptuals.
  • Pick up miso, more black beans, and fresh bread... oh and the Hemmingway that's on hold at the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home