July 15, 2006

Shrimp Stuffed Bell Peppers...

Aren't they purdy?

Inspired by a meal we shared at my father's house some time ago--and I have been bugged to repeat by The wowed Boyfriend ever since--I created these shrimp stuffed bell peppers. I did not ask him for the recipe, however, because I knew he did not use one. He, like I, is a very freeform chef. The basic ingredients were the lightly cooked (halfway done) shrimp, onions and garlic in olive oil and a dash of Balsamic. Add pre-cooked rice, an Italian tomato sauce and whatever fresh herbs you have lying around the house--I believe I had some basil, parsley and tarragon. Stuff inside the peppers and baked for 45 minutes (30 of those mintues covered by foil). Next time, serve with extra sauce on the side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks good enough to... well, you know.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That does look really good.
Coincidentally enough, I made stuffed bell peppers last night as well. Though mine were stuffed with beef and stovetop stuffing.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home