December 04, 2005

Demonic, Dude

Okay, okay. I may poke a bit of fun at the Boyfriend for being a bit too tech savvy, a bit, hmm, geekish. Not that I am denying my own geekarific nature by any means. (Birds of a feather nest together!) But I must say that he has stumbled across something quite cool.

That cool thing is a program called Feed Demon. It's an RSS reader and, yes, you do have to pay for it ($29.95). They give you a free trial version so you can give it a test go, see if it is worth the moola. If you are always trying to keep track of your favorite blogs like I am, I think you may shell out the dough. So here's how it works--you can program in your favorite blogs, or anything with one of those orange RSS feed buttons (like news sites for example), and in one window, you can read all the day's new bits and bytes. Simply scroll down a list and catch all your favorites.

I admit that I am probably not the best at explaining why this is so cool. I didn't believe it at first myself either. The boyfriend was going on and on and I nodded my head and off to sleep. I didn't start using it right away because it took such effort to customize it (which is a small drawback). But now that it is up and running, I am efficient and effective. I have eyes everywhere. And I am online 32.6% longer than before. (That's probably a drawback too but, hey, we're all addicts out here!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do blogger sites automatically have RSS or do you have to set it up manually?

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home