November 16, 2005

My lunch has taken offense...

And just what is so wrong with Spaghetti Squash, huh? Is it really so nasty to think of me sitting there and eating Spaghetti Squash from my little Tupperware square during my lunch break? We had it for dinner last night. It's even better the next day. Or, is it the smell as you sit beside me? What can it really smell like? Sweet and starchy with tomatoes and green chilies, some cheese. Not an overwhelming aroma.

It's just because it's a vegetable, right? One of those things that come out of the dirt that are supposed to taste like dirt and that no one in their right mind would eat unless they are on a diet or made to by their mother. I happen to like squash--butternut, yellow, zucchini. I've even ordered, and enjoyed, butternut squash ravioli with a butter sage sauce. On several occasions. I am very pro-squash and I have thought about buying such a bumper sticker but I'm afraid people will think that I play that ball game with a racket and a connotation of pompousness.

It flakes into noodles, just like real spaghetti. Though spaghetti is less real if you think about it because it's manmade. This squash is all Mother Nature, baby. It tastes good. Do you want to try some? No, please. Don't try it just to be polite as you are insulting my Spaghetti Squash. There, there little Squash. No, it just makes more for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke Kuhlmann said...

ZZ Top's song TV Dinners come to mind. Perhaps, your mates were scared too!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Hope you enjoyed your squash...

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home