October 22, 2006

Here Comes the Bride....

My good friend Jen got married this Saturday. Me? Well, me... I got rather drunk. But that was my job as wedding guest, especially a wedding guest with access to an open bar. But Jen and Steve are incredibly fun and quirky individuals and so the whole evening was fun and quirky as well, with or without the booze. For instance:
  • Jen wore a lovely red dress with simple embroidery. Ditched the white but kept the train.
  • The wedding party walked down the aisle to the Johnny Cash song, "I walk the line."
  • In addition to the exchanging of the rings, there was another exchange--of the snacks. They fed each other a Cheez-It each because, as they said, "All we need is each other and lots of snacks."
  • No rice. No bubbles. Halloween noisemakers.
  • Halloween candy on the tables to munch on.
  • Chocolate and banana cake. (The banana was surprisingly tasty.)
  • Sex toys as wedding presents. (Shhh. Dont' tell.)
I am very happy that we got a hotel room, with a free shuttle that picked us up. And very happy that I wasn't the druinkest one in that shuttle--two rather snooty girls got the prize on that one. I just fell asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home