October 27, 2006

Our Blizzard Pics....

Though we may have little to remind us of it now (puddles and the sound of dripping), we did have that blizzard on Thursday and I finally got around to the pictures we took. From the patio door, here is the poor apartment maintenance man with a back-hoe. Is that a back-how? I don't know. One of those iconic yellow dirt-movers, whose miniatures little boys play with in sandboxes the world over.

Having been stuck inside all day (watching vapid daytime television after doing what I could to "work from home"), I decided that beer was in order. So I piled on a few layers and walked down the street to the local grocery, which has a liquor store next door. Yes, I really am that much of a lush, I suppose. To my chagrin, they were closed due to the storm, though the grocery store was hopping. The grocery store, however, only sells 3.2% beer a.k.a. beer-colored water. And, they sells it for the same price as their full-strength parents. I hate Colorado's blue laws.

The point? Oh yes. I took a picture on the way home. No, no. Not this picture:

That is what the view is like on non-blizzard days. That's the foothills and our city's famous landmark, our protective patriarch, Pikes Peak. And this was that landmark on Thursday, even after the flakes had stopped falling.

Now you see him. Now you don't. Great magic trick. And kudos to the magical weathermen as well for calling this storm right. I guess I might have to give you a bit more trust in the future. Maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Weathermen calling a storm right is one of the signs of the Alpaca Lips. Did they start speaking in tongues?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Ila said...

Guess life has been a bit dry. Last blog on here is from October of last year. Come, come, my dear girl. There has to be some spirit left in you!!!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home