May 22, 2006

Google Eyed...

So along with other Phoenicians, I have been encountering this odd political ads along the main drags. A local politico named Skip Rimsza who is running for Secretary of State has been promoting himself in an ultra-hip, cutting edge new way (for an old dude that can smile while posing with a dead deer). His campaign slogan:

Want Experience?
Google Skip Rimsza.
So I am wondering... I'm savvy to a point. I can use "Google" as a verb and often do unconsciously. I have heard of employers Googling potential job candidates. I have heard of Googling potential dates/mates. I have never heard of Googling your local politicians. Wanna know what I cam up with?

  • An article entitled: Skip Rimsza, former mayor of Phoenix - obviously the candidates staff have been hitting this fluff piece like hell to bring it to the top of the list
  • The Flynn Foundation: Improving the Competiveness of Arizona's Biomedical Research Enterprise - does this mean he is in favor of stem cell research and cloning?
  • Another Rosy-Glow Biography: and I quote "the state of our children IS the state of our city"
  • A White House transcript of Dubya's speech in Phoenix in 2002: I guess he thinks the words of George W. will paint him in a good light?
    • "I know we've got the mayor here, Skip Rimsza, from the city of Phoenix. I want to thank you for coming, Skip. I'm proud to -- I don't see you anywhere, but I'm proud that you're here -- you're not Skip. (Laughter.) You're not even old enough to vote. (Laughter.) But if you're wise, you'll follow in his footsteps and serve your community, like he does. But thank you, Mr. Mayor, for coming today. (Applause.)"

Hell, I may have just discovered the point of this whole unique approach. No, it wasn't to suction another of Googles rapidly expanding tentacles into another arena--that of politics. Scary. No, it was to make me do the flippin' leg work for him, saving him money in campaign funds on corny tv commercials. He went down to Kinko's, bought a few signs and is influencing every Googler on the highways. Dude, if not for the Dubya endorsement, I would consider voting for him on ingenuity alone.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home