March 04, 2006

Is No News, Good News?

Maybe, if this is the sort of news I will be getting...


That is an acceptance rate of exactly 3.36%. Jeez. I guess I am not in the top 3.36% of my class. Sniff. I really didn't expect to hear anything this early. Maybe that's why this sucks so hard. Great, juvenile phrase I am using there but, well, it feels apt. It feels very very sucky.

It feels like my student Dominic's arm (squeaky-voiced little Dominic) when big ole Johnny bit him, clamped down, and then shook his jaw like a dog tearing meat. Apparently, Dominic wanted to push the button that made the vroom, vroom noise too and Johnny had taken ownership. That happened on Thursday. Then Friday, Child Protective Services came to pick big ole Johnny up. They were removing him from his grandmother's custody. Grandma, a badly-aged 50 with greying gang tattoos, including a small cross on the point of her chin. Poor, big ole Johnny. I have a feeling that someday Johnny's dental records will be cataloged with the state along with his fingerprints, instead of just on Dominic's arm.

It's been a long week. So tonight I am grilling bratwursts, after bathing them all day in beer, and watching our new Spartacus DVD and eating chocolate wafer rolls from the Chinese market. They seem more Italian to me as such cookies usually come with ice cream or gelato, sticking up as a cylindrical, crispy garnish. But apparently they are made in Taiwan, popular in Asia, and definitely on the menu for on the couch tonight. More news to come as it arrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home