February 11, 2006

I'm Screwed...

So this is what I found in my tire on Friday morning as I left for work. Don't really know where I picked the thing up. I'm not in the habit of picking up such strangers so casually. But this nasty little machine screw made me an hour late to work. Which basically just erased the hour of overtime I worked the day before. So now I shant get that extra half, as in "time and a half." Nope, I just get lousy old time, even though I worked a ten hour day, because of this lousy big machine screw.


What is it about changing a tire and being a woman? I know how to change a tire. My sweet and caring ("Always be aware of your surroundings," he says) step-dad taught me how. Yet, even I, the feminist, felt so comfortable only watching while The Boyfriend handled it. Makes me glad to have such unconditional help and also ashamed that I take advantage of it. Well, next time a strange screw comes my way, I shall take it on with no qualms, without The Boyfriend. Man, that sounds a little different than I meant it. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home