February 01, 2006

Brother-in-Law and Order

James is my brother-in-law (Hi, James!) and James is English. I also just found out that James wishes to be a police detective back home in Colorado. Good for him, if that path is following his secret dreams of childhood or even if he merely has been watching too much cop TV, good for him. He's very slender and pale, so I think that standard, slouchy detective suit with the very thin black tie will suit him rather well. I know I would crack under interrogation. "Yes, yes, I admit it. I did say you were slender and pale on my blog. I'm sorry, sir. Sob Sob. I meant no disrespect." On Monday, he had his big day of interviews and testing. How did it go?


"Excellent," he said. "They had three guys giving the interview. One was pretty nice to you, one was hostile, and one just sat and stared you down."

"Good cop, bad cop and indifferent cop? What kind of questions did they ask?"

"I can only talk about part of it. But that part I can talk about is the normal stuff. Why would you make a good addition to our force. What do you think you have to offer. How would you feel about killing someone."

"Oh yes, I've been asked that at so many interviews. Very normal."


Good Luck, James!! And if these kind of things are going to be the "normal" stories you tell around the Thanksgiving table then, hey, life shall be that much more interesting.

P.S. If you tell me you read this, James, you know I'm going to talk about you more. Hee hee.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"How would you feel about killing someone?"

I felt pretty good about it, why?

10:52 AM  
Blogger justacoolcat said...

"How would you feel about killing someone?"

What have you heard?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Gnomey G said...

"How would you feel about killing someone?"

Well, I did my best not to feel anything at all. I'm an excellent sublimater.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home