January 04, 2006

My latest obsession

Musically, that is, is Death Cab for Cutie. I have been trying to get their new album (Plans) for about four months now but have either
  1. not had the money
  2. the store did not have the album
  3. I had the album in hand only to be told that I could get it cheaper online "next time we order some CD's" which it turns out is not that often.
I must say I am loving it. Give me a boy with a good voice and powerful lyrics and you can pretty much guarantee I will be a repeat customer. One reviewer said this album's lyrics were so poignant and unique that they could have been stolen from Amy Mann's dressing room. Here is my (current) favorite example:


"'Cause in my head there's a Greyhound station

Where I send my thoughts off to far off destinations

So they may have a chance of finding a place where they're far more suited than here."


I also enjoy the line where I am assuming the title of the album is pulled from:


"And it came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time."


Yeah for Christmas gift certificates! I got so many albums that I have been meaning to, including:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home