January 02, 2006

The Last Feast of 2005

My kitchen is my home. Who needs a bed? Give me a range anyday and my new subscription to Bon Appetit. One of my resolutions, in fact, is to cook a three course meal out of every issue of this year's run of the magazine. And, of course, share the lovely pictures with all of you.

Here then, was the last feast of 2005, served New Year's Eve before, during and after a viewing of Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, extended edition. The Boyfriend did want to use his tripod to cut down on glare/blurriness and he was probably right. But, hey, the food was getting cold and I was hungry.


Potato and Leek Soup.

















Beef Tenderloin with Bourbon Sauce.
Asparagus Almondine.
Sauteed Mushrooms (which somehow look reflected in the wine glasses. crazy.)











Chocolate Marquise - and I quote, "a chocolate mousse so dense and fudgy it can be sliced like pâté." Next time I shall add a raspberry sauce.














Thank you for Aunt Heather for the beautiful backdrop--she made this elegant dish towel by hand, beginning to end, from spinning the thread all the way through the loom. Lovely pattern.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great, now I'm hungry and all I've got left on my diet for today is a bowl of steam.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

mmmmmm

That looks delicious.

Now if you're going to be cooking like this all year I'll have to camp out in your kitchen and live vicariously through you!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home